Windows play a crucial role in your home’s overall design, functionality, and energy efficiency. Upgrading your windows increases your home’s value and significantly enhances curb appeal.
Moreover, the ROI of a window replacement project can go as high as 78%. Today, we’ll discuss the latest trends in the window industry and how new units can transform your home, increasing its market value.
Popular Window Styles: Benefits & Trends
Numerous window styles are available for homeowners, each offering unique benefits and aesthetic appeal. Let’s explore some of the most popular options:
Bay and bow windows
Composed of multiple window units that project outward from a home’s exterior wall, bay and bow windows create a visually striking, curved appearance. They increase living space, provide panoramic views, and flood your home with natural light, adding a touch of elegance and grandeur. If you live in a period home and you’d like to preserve the traditional look and character of the property while decreasing draft, then timber sash windows are the way to go.
- Increased living space and panoramic views
- Boost in natural light
- An excellent addition to any architectural style
- High ROI
These versatile units are hinged on one side and swing outward, offering excellent ventilation and unobstructed views. With a sleek, modern design, casements will provide enhanced security through multipoint locking systems and can be customized to suit various home architectural styles.
- Improved ventilation
- A lot of natural light
- Enhanced security features
- Best energy efficiency among operable windows
Manufactured to offer expansive, unobstructed views, picture windows are large, non-operable units. Their minimalist design seamlessly integrates with modern architecture and allows abundant natural light, while their energy-efficient construction helps reduce heat transfer.
- Unobstructed views and minimalist design
- Maximum energy efficiency
- Easy maintenance
Custom window designs
Custom window designs are tailored to meet specific aesthetic and functional preferences and offer a unique and personalized touch to any home. Whether it’s an unconventional shape, size, or style, these windows add character and individuality, setting your home apart from others in the neighborhood
- Personalization and unique style
- Added character to the home
- Maximum boost to home’s value
- Different configuration choices
How to Choose the Best Low-Maintenance Windows?
Hands down, the window cleaning process might be a challenging and tedious task. That’s why most homeowners prefer putting off this chore for as long as possible or hiring professional window cleaners to do the job.
But what’s interesting is that modern windows are usually designed to require little-to-no maintenance, especially if you go with vinyl units. These high-end products need occasional spring maintenance, which needs you just to:
- Get rid of any dust and debris from the windows and tracks by applying a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment. Use a non-abrasive cloth or sponge with a mild, non-ammonia-based cleaner for glass surfaces.
- Apply a silicone-based lubricant on tracks (crucial for sliding windows) and moving parts to ensure smooth operation. Avoid using oil-based lubricants, as they can build up dirt.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners, solvents, or sharp tools on vinyl windows to prevent scratches and damage.
- Window screens should only be maintained using mild soap, water, and a soft brush to remove dirt and debris.
If you want to make sure your windows stay in top condition for as long as possible:
- Check and replace damaged weatherstripping to maintain high-eng energy efficiency and prevent drafts.
- Regularly review vinyl window frames and seals for cracks, warping, or damage. If you see any issues, address problems promptly and contact your local window experts.
- Ensure optimal airflow by opening windows to avoid condensation buildup, which can lead to mold and mildew.
The best thing is to go through these tasks at least twice a year (spring and winter seasons) to ensure your vinyl windows remain in top condition for years.
Window Frame Materials: Trends in 2023
Choosing a suitable material for your window replacement project is essential. And while there are some alternatives, Vinyl windows remain the most frequently chosen option among homeowners.
Vinyl windows have gained immense popularity due to their affordability, durability, and energy efficiency.
Made from PVC (polyvinyl chloride), they require minimal maintenance and boast excellent insulation properties, reducing heat transfer and helping homeowners save on energy bills.
The combination of cost-effectiveness and energy efficiency translates into a high return on investment (ROI) for vinyl windows, making them an attractive option for those looking to increase their home’s value on a budget.
Moreover, their energy-efficient construction, featuring double or triple glazing and low-emissivity coatings, contributes to a more comfortable indoor environment year-round. The wide range of styles, colors, and finishes also makes it easy for homeowners to find the perfect match for their home’s aesthetics, further solidifying vinyl windows as a top choice among homeowners.
Choosing the Right Window Replacement Contractor
A reputable and experienced contractor is crucial for a successful window replacement project. Here are some tips to help you make the right choice:
Research and Reviews
- Look for online reviews and ask for recommendations from friends and family
- Check the contractor’s credentials and affiliations with industry organizations
Obtain Multiple Quotes
- Request quotes from at least three different contractors
- Compare prices, services, and warranties. You can use this cost estimator to get a rough idea of the window prices based on styles and configurations.
- Ask for an in-home consultation to determine the cost of your potential project precisely
Ask About Warranties and After-sales Support
- A reputable contractor should offer a warranty on their products and workmanship. The best option is 25 years on products and labor.
- Inquire about after-sales support, as this is a good indicator of the company’s commitment to customer satisfaction
Upgrading your windows can significantly impact your home’s value and curb appeal. With numerous styles, materials, and energy-efficient options, homeowners have never had a better time to invest in window replacement projects.
Remember to choose only energy-efficient products installed by a reputable window company. By choosing the right contractor and materials, you can ensure a successful and rewarding window replacement experience.