Some people are naturally organized, but others must learn. If you have a cluttered house full of papers and other miscellaneous items it may be time for some motivation that will keep you going long enough to clean up your mess! Quotes can provide this for you as they can help motivate you to see what your home can truly become!
There are many incredible, people in this world that have figured out how to accomplish their dreams. But it always involves difficulty, hard work, energy, and self-respect. But turning your house into a home by getting your life organized will bring less stress, daily routines, happiness, and better life than you could have imagined.
Why is organizing so important?
Being organized allows for less stress to build up in your life. Everyday life, without the proper organization, can lead people to feel overwhelmed and bogged down by all of their responsibilities. Just getting rid of clutter is a way to do this!
Once you have done this, it will be easier for you to find what you need quickly. This will allow you more time to do other things that are important to you. It can also allow space in your mind where anxiety does not get built up because there are no longer any worries about things being lost or misplaced.
Organizing provides an opportunity to make routines, which help maintain order in everyday life! It becomes part of daily patterns that will make cleaning easy and fast when you create a system that works!
Why the Organizing and these Organizing Quotes Matter
Many people don’t realize the physical weight that our ‘stuff’ brings into our emotional lives. The types of areas that we choose to surround ourselves with will directly affect us and can even turn us into a different person.
Often times it takes as much energy to get the motivation to declutter and clean as it does to wish for it to happen. If you’re overwhelmed, just start small. Start with a single drawer. It will take a little bit of effort but you will make progress little by little and you’ll be able to see how good systems can change your life and can increase your self-respect.
Decluttering and organizing can help you find simplicity and joy in having less, contrary to everyone around you telling you that more makes you happier.
Organizing Quote to Live By from Wise Leaders
Here are some of my very favorite organizing quotes that you can perhaps adopt into your own life, as I have mine, to help you live a more fulfilled life with less clutter and more clarity. Great leaders like Benjamin Franklin, Martha Stewart, Steve Jobs, and Socrates have a lot to say about how living an organized life can be for the better.
- “For every minute spent organizing, an hour is earned” – Benjamin Franklin
- “We lose time living dreaming of a life we could have when the one right in front of us could be even more beautiful.” – Tanya Dalton
- “The first step in crafting the life you want is to get rid of everything you don’t.” – Joshua Becker
- “The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.” – Socrates
- “Every item you own is one more responsibility.” – Susan
- “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan but also believe.” -Anatole France
- “There are two ways to be rich: one is by acquiring much, the other is by desiring little.” – Jackie French Koller
- “It takes as much energy as it does to wish as it does to plan.” – Eleanor Rosevelt
- “Clutter isn’t just the stuff on the floor, its anything that gets between you and the life you want to be living – Peter Walsh
- “A good system shortens the road to the goal.” Orison Swett Marden
- “Out of clutter, find simplicity. From discord, find harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
- “Organization isn’t about perfection. It’s about efficiency. Reducing stress and clutter, saving time and money, and improving your overall quality of life.” – Christina Scalise
- “Good order is the foundation of all things.” -Edmund Burke
- “Later is the best friend of clutter.” – Peter Walsh
- “Cleaning and organizing is a practice, not a project.” – Joan Rivers
- “Organizing your home before minimizing it (decluttering it) is like eating a banana before removing the peel.” – Ema Hildebaugh
- “Strive for a home that is easy to tidy, not always tidy.” – Katy Joy Wells
- “Inexpensive is not a reason to buy something and expensive is not a reason to keep something.” – Peter Walsh
- “Decluttering is saying goodbye to the person you once were or hoped to be and stepping into a more authentic version of yourself.” – Katy Joy Wells
- “Organize your life around your dreams and watch them come true.” – Unknown
- “You do not rise to the level of your goals, you fall to the level of your systems.” – James Clear
- If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off doing it. ~ Olin Miller
- “Clutter is not just physical stuff. It’s old ideas, toxic relationships and bad habits. Clutter is anything that does not support your better self.” – Eleanor Brown
- “Life is too complicated not to be orderly.” – Martha Stewart
- “You can’t reach for anything new if your hands are still full of yesterday’s junk.” – Louise Smith
- “A little progress each day leads to big results.” – Unknown
- “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” – Karen Lamb
- “Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs” -Henry Ford
My Favorite Organizing Quotes and Why
“Life is too complicated not to be orderly.” – Martha Stewart
I think this quote here is powerful because it reminds us that life can be hectic and full of work, but we have a choice on how we handle the disorder that comes with it. I believe being organized gives you a sense of peace and allows you to actually enjoy your time. If you’re busy working on organizing your home while trying to complete other things for yourself or others, then it won’t seem like such an obligation/chore.
“Clutter is anything that does not support your better self. ” – Eleanor Brown
We often think of clutter as only physical stuff but it really isn’t. Clutter is anything that takes up unnecessary space in your life; whether it’s mental, physical, or social. It is important to remove clutter from our lives because having too much of it causes us to lose focus on what matters most to us and becomes burdensome.
“How can you expect to finish anything when you spend three-fourths of the time organizing how you are going to do it?” – Rhett Butler
This quote reminds me of procrastination. I know everyone tends to put things off sometimes but this quote makes me think about how often we do it (spending 3/4th of our time planning instead of doing.)
“The first step in crafting the life you want is to get rid of everything you don’t.” – Joshua Becker
I love this quote because it’s so simple. We all know there are things cluttering our lives that we don’t need and yet many of us do nothing about it. Allowing clutter to accumulate takes away from the quality of our lives as well as those who share it with us.
“A place for everything, and everything in its place.” – Nancy Gibbs
This is another favorite quote of mine as well. It’s important that everything has its place and that the place is not in a random spot around your house. You or your children will know exactly where to go when it’s time to find something, everything has a place to be put away immediately after use.
I hope these quotes have been helpful and meaningful to you. A more meaningful and more organized life awaits you…what are you waiting for?